Sunday, January 18, 2009

I shot a net 66

I was full of anticipation and could hardly sleep, thinking about the round I was about to play.  I stood on the first tee after some putts & warm up, ready for an amazing round.

The first hole was a forgettable double bogey.  The second was better - scoring 3 on a par 3 with a long putt that dropped after I chipped on my second shot.  After 9 holes I felt optimistic with 45.  The back 9 wasn't as good after losing a ball off the tee on along par 4, scoring 47 on the back 9.

I believe the difference in my game was my pre shot routine.
Club - make sure the club is aligned properly
Feet - set up correct
Grip - strong right grip

.. then the practice swing
Half - keep the left arm straight, swinging back so its parallel with the ground
Hold - pause at the top of the swing
Through - smooth swing through the ball towards the target

Although it seems like a lot to think about - its only 1 thing at a time & it seems to be starting to work!

No comments: