Friday, July 31, 2009

The most incredible long drive!

I was standing on the tee block of the 2nd hole, reflecting on my woeful drive off the 1st tee block which managed to get past the women's tee but was truly awful. I guess I should've warmed up!

I slowed my back swing and connected beautifully with the ball as I unwound my torso and suddenly time seemed to slow in one of those moments that captured every leaf and blade of grass as my ball sailed straight over the bunker to within an 8 iron of the green - 320 metres!

I'm sure the gusty tail wind helped, but it was a magnificent moment for a golfer currently on a 25 handicap!

However, I can also thank my playing partner who helped tweak my swing which has cured my consistent slice. I also think playing Tiger Woods '10 on the Nintendo Wii with the new MotionPlus remote has helped improve my swing.

I had some other great drives that day, often between 240 & 260 metres - suddenly golf is a lot more fun!

No comments: